Saturday, February 2, 2008

Ode to the Captain

It was somewhere around 1130 pm when the excessive drug-induced music of the late 60's and early 70's counterculture music grabbed a hold of my nutsack and would not let go. Oh yes my friend it proved to be an evening of excess and dead brown leaves lying beside my feet.

"Damn it man!" I drunkenly yelled at my friend. "You drank all of the Captain!" there was a hint of vigiliance in my voice.

"Hey man, its all gonna be ok." he tried to drunkenly comfort me.

"We must remedy this situation you freak!" I said with an urgent tone.

"I got your remedy man." he slurred as he pulled a bottle of dark ugly bitterness out of the cooler. "Its beer man".

That was all we had? "Fuck you!" I yelled at the top of my lungs, as a black man with a sunken chest walked through the hall. I yelled at him too "Hey, man we dont have to stand for this! This Nazi bastard trying to remedy captain for beer!"

"Thats right mon! You tell it!" he replied in a deep Jamaican accent.

"Shooo, fuck me." I said under my breath. These were the words that would hold so true for the first part of the evening. I knew from that point forward that I would be on this mission by myself. No beer drinking Nazi bastard and his Jamaican friend with a sunken chest could stop me now.

"Where will I go? I have no keys and I have no money; but surely this remedy is much deeper than money, or keys for that matter" I said to myself as I was trying to figure out the golden rotary locks on my front door.

"Out the door and through the woods!" I yelled as I made my way into a pasture with 4 pine trees in it. Where I was going, that did not matter as I was in a state of panic. For I could not concieve how the forces of nature could continue to be a force without my dear friends captain and coke meeting once again.

2 comments:

Ohmygoshko.com said...

I love it! I've definitely had "the fear" when my liquor ran out. "This aggression will not stand!"

cubfan said...

Nice work!

Beer, although good, is no remedy for the captain. Even in a drunken state, this should be common knowledge for all.